Colin Principe Uses:
A software development practice focused on frequent, small releases and constant review of alignment with customer
Pair Programming Two
developers on one computer equals higher quality software faster and expands each developer's knowledge.
Test Driven Development Write
the test first, and then write the minimal code to make the test pass. Prevents over-engineering and keeps products
Great IDE plugins
- AWS Toolkit - Talk to AWS
console without leaving your IDE
- Extra Icons - Provides
different icons for YAML, etc files to help distinguish them
- Key Promoter - pops a
window with a known keyboard shortcuts for a menu action
- Nyan Progress Bar -
have fun while things happen
- Rainbow Brackets -
helps you keep track of your nested brackets
- WakaTime - Track your
programming time, get a dashboard and share with others
- FiraCode - Monospaced font with programming
ligatures - no more “1 vs l” confusion!
Preferred dev stack tools:
Other useful software and browser plugins
- Notion Note taking tool that makes customization easy. Has a native code formatting option that makes capturing code snippets a snap.
- Dashlane Password manager that syncs between devices and provides the ability to make secure notes. Keep track of all those database and service passwords.
- Rescue Time Track how you spend your time throughout the day. Great feedback on how productive you're being.
- React Developer Tools Adds react debugging tools to browser console.
- 15" 2019 MacBook Pro
- 10.1" iPad Thanks to Catalina, this can be used as a second monitor while travelling.
- Dell Alienware 34" Monitor This is fabulous, it's the sweet spot for screen real estate without having to move your head back and forth between two monitors.
- Schiit Modi Great DAC for music listening. Tunes are important for coding.
- Focal Chorus 806V High quality music reproduction is also important for coding.